The Data Analysis at Extreme (Dax) toolkit is no longer under active development. VTK-m, a toolkit of scientific visualization algorithms for emerging processor architectures, is the successor to this effort.
This site is scheduled for take-down as of 1/1/2019. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a need for this site beyond then. DEPRECATED
Here is a history of design documents, listed with most recent on top.
- ArrayHandle not Templated on Device Adapter
- Simplified Scheduler Objects
- Breaking Up the Cell Class
- Cell Type Tags
- Device Adapter Header Order
- Removing Field Objects from Worklet Parameters
- DeviceAdapter Dependency Issues
- Array Portals
- Flattening Template Parameters with Tags
- ArrayHandle Part Deux
- Error Management
- What If... Dax Had No Pipeline?
Legacy Design Documents ( not applicable to current Dax design)
- Generic Scheduler
- Basic Control Environment API
- Basic Vector Classes
- Using templates to get rid of switch statements
- Dax Package Hierarchy
- Bob Miller's findings from Dax tests and shared memory
- Dax Design/Proposed Simplified Worklet Data Model and API